I'm in love with these monsters.
Instead of 1"x4" pieces of wood,
I used 4"x4" blocks.
I like how they have a bulkier feel and stack on top of each other.
For my mummy I just painted the block white,
wrapped it in muslin strips,
glued them on and painted two little eyes.
He's my favorite.
For my witch,
I painted her green across the top 2/3 of the block
and painted black across the bottom 1/3.
I added a strip of burlap, hot gluing it in place with an orange button,
painted the eyes and then
hot glued on strips of tricotine
(yarn, twine or anything would work really).
She still needs a hat, but I'm still deciding how I want to do that part.
For Franky here I painted the whole block green,
hot glued on sections of black felt and cut the sides to look more like mangled hair.
I pushed in two push pins on the side and painted on stitches and eyes and he was done.
I spotted these similar blocks on Pinterest.com
(via MaryBerry Boutique) and I knew immediately that I'd be making my own version of them.
Thanks MaryBerry for the idea!
Hey...while you're here.
Don't forget to enter the giveaway for the
My Memory Suite software over here!!
Participating today over here: